Thursday, February 15, 2018

Junk Journals

I am starting to get into  a new craft - junk journals. A junk journal is a hand-crafted journal made up of bits and pieces of material - paper, cloth, ribbon, clips, chipboard, or any other type of material you have on hand. Some are even made from food boxes, like cereal or cracker boxes. Each one is unique and they are a lot of fun to put together.

For my first try I decided to experiment with pockets and peek-a-boo hiding places for journaling cards, keepsakes, and other types of ephemera. I call this my "Beautiful Moment" journal.


This is the cover of my new journal. It is a one signature journal - a signature is a set of pages bound together and attached to the cover. The cover is simply a piece of double-sided cardstock. The ribbon is actually scrunched up bias tape. Material used for the cover design are:


Here are some of the journal pages:







No comments:

Post a Comment